Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
Wed July 23, 2008
WEB EXTRA: First Fridays in the Crossroads
On the first Friday of each month, The Crossroads Arts District hosts what's grown from a gallery crawl into an arts festival, featuring music, performance, and art by local and national artists.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – KCUR's Laura Spencer brings us this postcard of sounds of the street culture on a First Friday. For photos, check here.
The Crossroads Arts District in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, spans a mile wide; its boundaries are 15th Street, I-35, Freighthouse district, and Troost Avenue.
For images from First Fridays in the Crossroads, check here.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast