Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu March 19, 2009
WEB EXTRA: Eric Rosen on the Rep's Holiday Productions
Earlier this month, The Kansas City Star reported that the Kansas City Repertory Theatre would suspend its seasonal production of "A Christmas Carol" for the first time in 29 years.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Instead, this holiday season the Rep will present "A Christmas Story," based on the 1983 film about a young boy who wants a Red Ryder air rifle for Christmas. The Rep's Artistic Director, Eric Rosen, expects it to open on Broadway on 2010, and the Rep would receive credit as the originating theatre and a portion of profits. And in 2010, in Kansas City, the Rep would bring back an updated version of "A Christmas Carol."
Here, Eric Rosen talks about the decision and the response.
Download recent arts stories/interviews or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast