Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Thu August 7, 2008
WEB EXTRA: Curator April Watson on Digital Landscapes in Human/Nature
Associate Curator of Photography at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, April Watson, says contemporary photographers are using digital technology in new and interesting ways.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Missouri – Curator April Watson points to two artists in the exhibition working overtly with digital technology, like Andreas Gefeller (his work is pictured here) and Beate G?tschow. Here, Watson elaborates on G?tschow's computer-generated landscape montage "LS#16" (2002), which has "no referent in the real world."
Human/Nature: Recent European Landscape Photography, June 28, 2008?October 5, 2008
Location: Bloch Building, Gallery L11