Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu October 14, 2004
W.E. Leathem's book called Terra
After working in politics for fifteen years for Republicans like Bush, Dole, and Ashcroft ,Will Leathem says he's happy now with what he calls a simpler life.
After working in politics for fifteen years for Republicans like Bush, Dole, and Ashcroft, Will Leathem says he's happy now with what he calls a simpler life: running Prospero's Books, founding a publishing house whose writers tour the country doing readings, and writing poetry. Leathem spoke to KCUR's Laura Spencer earlier this week about his new book called Terra. Here's Leathem reading a brief excerpt from the poem Coming Clean.
WHAT: Book Release Party & Reading
Terra by W.E. Leathem
WHEN: Sunday October 17th, 7pm
WHERE: Prospero's Books
1800 W. 39th Street
FOOD BY: George Detsion (of George's Cheese & Sausage), and with
Richard Minor stirring up a little down-home soul.
LIVE MUSIC: Bob Walkenhorst (of the Rainmakers)
ART: Jon Bidwell (Photo essay: The Artists of 39th Street)