Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu January 9, 2014
Wampum And The Connection To Modern Money
It would be impossible to go one news day without hearing about the state of the economy, or the movement of financial markets or the rising cost of a gallon of gas. Money in America shapes our votes and the quality of our lives. But have you wondered, just where did it come from? How did the dollar get its start?
On Wednesday's Central Standard, Brian Ellison looks at the origins of American money, specifically on the influence of wampum and other early money on our financial system to this day.
- Marc Shell, Author of Wampum and the Origins of American Money