Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thank You, Walt Bodine
Tue April 24, 2012
The Walt Bodine Collection: Interview with Robert Kennedy
Enjoy this selected audio from the Walt Bodine Collection, courtesy of the Marr Sound Archives at the Miller Nichols Library of the University of Missouri-Kansas City.
Interview with Robert Kennedy
Robert Kennedy discusses his brother John F. Kennedy’s campaign for President and the various issues of the 1960 campaign. Richard W. Bolling, the Missouri Democratic Representative to U.S. Congress between 1949-1983, is also a guest.
ABOUT THE WALT BODINE COLLECTION:
In the late 1980s Walt donated a small collection of his recordings to the Marr Sound Archives. A selection of these recordings has been digitized and is made accessible online here. Many of the programs focus on events of historic importance in the history of Kansas City, including the 1951 flood, the 1957 tornado, and the 1968 riots. In addition, selected interviews with notable figures from the worlds of politics, music, literature, and science are also available. Listeners of these recordings will discover – or have reiterated for themselves – that Walt Bodine is, indeed, Kansas City’s master broadcaster.