Most Active Stories
- Chinese Market Could Help Rid Rivers Of Invasive Asian Carp
- Food Critics: Kansas City's Best Lunch Spots
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
- Precariousness For Pollinators: Monarch Butterflies & Honeybees In Decline
Up To Date
Tue August 21, 2012
Update On Kansas City Public Schools
Missouri's annual report for school districts came out last week and for the first time in a long time the news for Kansas City wasn't all bad. In fact, there's been some improvement.
On today's program, Kansas City Public Schools Superintendent Stephen Green joins Steve Kraske to detail what the report reveals about the district: where progress has been made and where work remains to be done. They also look at the start of the new school year, current enrollment, and the recent court ruling on the school transfer law.
R. Stephen Green, Ed.D., was named the Superintendent of the Kansas City Public Schools in April 2012, after serving as interim superintendent since August 2011. He is the former president and CEO of Kauffman Scholars, Inc., a 19-year old college access and graduation program aimed significantly increasing the number of college graduates from Kansas City’s urban schools. Green received a Bachelor of Science in English Literature and Composition and a Master of Arts in English Literature from Ball State University and his Principal’s Certification from Butler University. He received a doctorate degree from Indiana University in 1995. Learn more about Dr. Green here.