Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu December 18, 2008
For nearly 30 years, hundreds of tuba, euphonium and baritone players, amateurs and professionals, have gathered in Kansas City to perform in the annual TubaChristmas concert.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The first TubaChristmas took place in 1974 at Rockefeller Plaza in New York City and it then spread to other cities. KCUR's Laura Spencer spoke with the Kansas City Symphony's Executive Director Frank Byrne and asked him to describe the event.
The Kansas City Symphony presents TUBACHRISTMAS 2008 on Saturday, December 20 at noon at the Lyric Theatre. The performance is FREE and open to the public.
9 a.m.- REGISTRATION
10 a.m. - REHEARSAL
Noon - PERFORMANCE
Note: Participants will pay a $5 registration fee at the Lyric Theatre.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast