Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon August 31, 2009
Top Republican Senators Hold Private Health Forum At Children's Mercy Hospital
U.S. Senator Kit Bond of Missouri, U.S. Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell, and U.S. Senator and former Presidential candidate John McCain met in an invitation-only forum at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City.
KCUR provided live coverage of the meeting and reaction afterwards during the Up to Date program.
Steve Kraske welcomed Robert F. St. Peter, M.D., President and CEO of the Kansas Health Institute and Marcia Nielsen, Vice Chancellor for Public Policy and Planning at the University of Kansas Medical Center to discuss what Sens. Bond, McCain, and McConnell talked about in the meeting: what's accurate, what's not, and how Republicans and Democrats differ on their approach to reform.