Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Wed June 13, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Wednesday, June 13, 2012
The Kansas National Guard heads to Colorado. Another kind of shelter opens up at domestic violence agency. Kansas works on national science standards but some are still concerned about teaching evolution. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
Kansas National Guard Lifts Off To Battle Colorado Wilfdfire
A helicopter from the Kansas National Guard's Black Hawk unit headed to Colorado this afternoon to help battle the wildfire that has consumed more than 64 square miles outside of Fort Collins. The Kansas National Guard received a request through a multi-state network for one of its helicopters with a 660-gallon bucket for transporting water to the flames. Read more here.
Rose Brooks Opens Another Kind Of Shelter
Kansas Helps To Set National Science Standards But Evolution Still Concerns Some
Kansas education officials are working with 25 other states to develop new science standards that could serve as a model for the rest of the country. But one conservative on the State Board of Education says he’s concerned the new standards will put too much emphasis on evolution. Read more here.