Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue May 22, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Tuesday, May 22, 2012
The President speaks at a Joplin graduation ceremony. Kansas redistricting case get more plaintiffs. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
President Obama Speaks At Joplin Graduation
The graduation ceremony for Joplin High School seniors featured remarks from President Barack Obama. He was in town on the eve of the one-year anniversary of the EF5 tornado. He praised the graduating class for being resilient during a difficult school year. Read more here.
Kansas Redistricting Case Gets More Plaintiffs
A panel of three federal judges allowed at least 13 people to be plaintiffs in the suit redrawing Kansas political boundaries. Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach argues against that move. He said it would prolong the case and prevent election officials from making deadlines before the August primary. Read more here.