Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Tue July 31, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Douglas County begins issuing its own photo IDs to help voters with a new state law. Missouri farmers and ranchers continue to apply for help to get water. It’s a daily roundup of news from KCUR.
Douglas County Issues Free Photo IDs
The Douglas County clerk’s office is processing the first applications for a new photo ID to be used for voting. The county will issue its own ID cards, which voters can use when they go to the polls. Find out more here.
Missouri Farmers And Ranchers Continue To Apply For Water Help
As hot and dry conditions persist in the Missouri, farmers and livestock producers continue to apply for water assistance through an emergency program announced last week by Governor Jay Nixon. Learn more about the program here.