Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu October 25, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Poplar Bluff Police find a missing girl with a registered sex offender. The Kansas City council again discusses Community Improvement Districts. That and more news from KCUR.
Elections 2012: Missouri Attorney General
In the race for Missouri Attorney General, the two front runners, Democratic incumbent Chris Koster and Republican Ed Martin, agree on few issues. In fact, the two have very different visions of what the Attorney General’s office actually does. Find out more here.
Missing Girl Found With Sex Offender
A Poplar Bluff man is behind bars after allegedly kidnapping a girl Wednesday morning. The Missouri State Highway Patrol, Butler County Sheriff and Poplar Bluff Police arrested registered sex offender Jeffrey Dean Shelton at 1:50 Wednesday afternoon. Darron Moore of the Poplar Bluff police department says they found Dean with the girl about ten miles south of Poplar Bluff. Read more here.
More On Community Improvement Districts
A Kansas City council committee continued to hear from the public on plans to tighten rules on community improvement districts. Read more here.