Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu August 23, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Thursday, August 23, 2012
The Kansas City, Missouri Council changes plans for billboards and anti-nuke measure. The Charlotte Street Foundation names fellows. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
Since 2008, the Charlotte Street Foundation has recognized creative Kansas Citians who, within their various genres, consistently produce original and innovative work that often falls outside the mainstream.
Proposals for a billboard tax and forbidding city participation in facilities involved in the production of nuclear weapons took changes of direction in a city council committee Wednesday.