Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Fri November 30, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: November 30, 2012
Governor Jay Nixon backs Medicaid expansion Missouri after staying mum during the campaign. Official says juvenile justice facility in Topeka is improving. Kansas wireless tax is one of the highest in the nation.
Missouri Governor Backs Medicaid Expansion
Missouri Governor Jay Nixon wants the state to expand its Medicaid program, marking the strongest stance the democratic governor has taken as of yet on the state’s pending decision. Nixon has previously said he was evaluating the issue to see what’s best for Missouri. Read more here.
Juvenile Justice Official Says Topeka Facility Improving
Changes are being made at the Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex in Topeka, according to the head of Kansas's juvenile corrections systems. Earlier this month, an audit said substance abuse counseling wasn't adequate at the facility, because it didn't meet the needs of individual offenders. Learn out more here.
Kansas Wireless Tax 10th Highest
The state of Kansas currently has a 19 percent tax on cell phone and wireless service. That's the tenth-highest rate in the nation. Find out more here.