Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon June 4, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Monday, June 4, 2012
More hospitals in Missouri are giving away care, and oil and gas companies insist they pay their fair share of taxes in Kansas. It's a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
Missouri Hospitals Giving More Charity Care.
Charity care at Missouri hospitals has been on the rise in recent years, and urban and rural hospitals are handling this increase differently. That’s according to a new report from the Missouri Foundation for Health and the St. Louis Business Coalition, which examined 40 hospitals located around the St. Louis area and in some rural counties between 2004 and 2008. Find out more here.
Oil And Gas Companies Paying More Taxes To Kansas
Many gas and oil companies in Kansas are busy, thanks to a kind of boom in exploration and extraction. The head of the Kanas Independent Oil and Gass Association says those companies pay lots of taxes to city, county, and states governments. Learn about one exceptionhere.