Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon June 18, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Monday, June 18, 2012
Kansans can speak out on proposed changes to the Medicaid program. The Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services tries to identify elder abuse cases. It’s a daily roundup of headlines from KCUR.
Governor Holds Meetings On Medicaid Changes
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback's administration is holding two public hearings on a plan to overhaul the Medicaid program. The proposal is known as KanCare. The administration announced the new meetings after failing to include two tribal health centers in the plan's development. Listen to the story here.
Kansas Works To Identify Elder Abuse
The Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services has launched a new campaign to stop elder abuse. SRS is also beefing-up efforts to identify cases of abuse among disabled adults. Lear more here.