Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Fri January 4, 2013
Top Of The Morning News: January 4, 2013
Chiefs and General Manager Scott Pioli break up. Singer Marva Whitney is remembered in Kansas City. Task Force recommends strengthening reporting requirements for child sexual abuse.
Chiefs and GM Pioli Part Ways
The Kansas City Chiefs have announced that general manager Scott Pioli is no longer with the football team. Read more here.
Singer Marva Whitney Remembered
Iconic funk and soul singer Marva Whitney will be buried tomorrow in Kansas City. She died two weeks ago at the age of 68, just six years after the passing of James Brown, who catapulted her to national prominence. Find out more about Soul Sister Number 1 here.
Task Force Recommends Steps To Combat Sexual Abuse
There are 22 recommendations in all. They include eliminating the statute of limitations in Missouri on first-degree statutory rape and statutory sodomy. They also include requiring people who are legally obligated to report child sex abuse incidents to directly contact the state’s Children’s Division, instead of a senior person within their own organizations. Find out more here.