Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon January 21, 2013
Top Of The Morning News: January 21, 2013
Kansas City will ask the federal government for more federal money for flood control. Kansas lawmakers may seek more budget cuts. A Missouri lawmakers wants some genetically modified foods to be labeled.
KC Seeks Federal Funding For Flood Control On the Missouri River
Kansas City will be asking for federal funding in the area of $42 million for flood control along Missouri river levees and streams that feed the river. Former Republican U.S. Senator Kit Bond will carry the city’s money requests to Washington as lobbyist. Find out more about the budget request here.
Kansas Lawmakers May Seek More Budget Cuts
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has proposed more income tax cuts in Kansas over the coming years, but some conservative lawmakers may look for even more tax cuts. Find out more here.
Missouri Senator Sponsors Bill To Label Genetically Modified Meat & Fish
Legislation filed in the Missouri Senate would require all genetically modified meats and fish raised and sold in the state to be labeled as such. Read more about the bill here.