Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Fri May 4, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Friday, March 4, 2012
A new bridge is unveiled on Troost. The Kansas City Council passes truancy ordinance. Two Kansas City notables—Alvin Brooks and Walt Bodine—receive an honor from the city council. It’s a daily digest of news from KCUR.
Troost Bridge Designed For Street And Feet
A replacement bridge on a busy thoroughfare in Midtown Kansas City, is not something that would normally merit much notice, let alone celebration. But the new span over Brush Creek on Troost Ave. is different. Find out why here.
Kansas City Council Passes Truancy Measure
Bodine, Brooks Honored By Kansas City Council
Two notable Kansas Citians have been honored by resolution in city hall council chambers. Walt Bodine and Alvin Brooks were picked for singular achievements. Learn more here.