Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri July 20, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Friday, July 20, 2012
Arts hold steady in the economic downturn. Artists take a chance for KC Fringe. Seminars promote open government.
Arts Hold Steady In Kansas City Despite Recession
Two national studies released Thursday in Kansas City provide an overview of the arts ecology of the metropolitan area. By all accounts, the arts boosted the local economy despite the economic downturn. Read more here.=
KC Fringe Dares Artists To Take A Chance
KC Fringe has been called a festival of daring – providing an opportunity for artists to take risks and to challenge themselves. In recent years, local actors have tried their hand at directing, and directors have taken up acting. Two artists are crafting something new out of the past. Listen to the story here.
Seminars Promote Government Openness
Seminars in Topeka and Leavenworth are aimed at spreading the word on open records and open meetings laws in Kansas. The Attorney General, the Kansas Sunshine Coalition and other organizations host the annual meetings. Read more here.