Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri August 10, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Friday, August 10, 2012
Catholic Diocese reports finds seven church-related sexual abuse incidents. At least 80 voters in Topeka received the wrong ballot, throwing doubt into two Republican primaries.
Diocese Releases Abuse Report
The ombudsman for the people of the Kansas City-St. Joseph Catholic diocese to look into accusations of sexual abuse by clergy has released her first annual report. Jennifer Valenti received 79 reports of suspected sexual abuse and boundary violations in her first year of duty. Almost half of the incidents reported involved suspected abuse in the home, but Valenti says she did uncover seven substantiated reports of church-related incidents of sexual abuse. Find out more here.
Voters Get The Wrong Ballot In Topeka
A mix-up at a polling place in Topeka could affect the outcome of two Republican primary elections for seats in the Kansas House. At least 80 voters were given the wrong ballots. The victor in one of the affected House races won by just 41 votes.