Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu February 21, 2013
Top Of The Morning News: February 21, 2013
The biggest snow storm in two years arrives in Kansas City. Officials outline a timeline of the explosion at restaurant at JJ’s restaurant. Local hospitals provide injury updates about the victims.
Biggest Snow In Two Years
The Kansas City region's largest winter storm in the last two years has tracked its way up from the desert southwest. This storm system is brimming with moisture and packs enough content to keep highway crews and people shoveling sidewalks busy for much of the day. Read more here.
Gas Leaks: What You Need to Know
A Timeline Of The Explosion At JJ’s
The circumstances surrounding Tuesday's natural gas explosion just west of the Country Club Plaza - that killed one person, injured more than a dozen, and destroyed JJ's restaurant - were discussed in an afternoon press conference. Learn more here.
Local Hospitals Provide Injury Updates On Plaza Explosion
Ambulances last night traveled with nine people injured in the explosion and fire on the Country Club Plaza to area hospitals, including St. Luke's and University of Kansas Hospital. Six injured patients walked themselves in. Officials today provided an update on the six victims still hospitalized. Read more here.