Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Tue December 4, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: December 4, 2012
Two local hospitals agree to partner. Missouri lawmakers start filing bills for next year’s legislative session. That and more news from KCUR.
Hospitals Partner On Pediatric Program
Two Kansas City hospitals have announced plans to work together to create a single, integrated pediatric program. Children’s Mercy and the University of Kansas Hospital say they'll work together to improve pediatric care. Learn more here.
Lawmakers Pre-File Bills In Missouri
Missouri lawmakers in both chambers are pre-filing bills for next year’s regular session. Much of the legislation pre-filed in the State Senate so far deals with tax credits. Read more here.
Lawmaker Wants To Bar Stores From Opening On Thanksgiving
A proposal in the Missouri House would make it illegal for retail stores to open for business on Thanksgiving Day. The proposal is sponsored by Democrat Jeff Roorda of Jefferson County. He says it’s in response to the ongoing push by retailers to open for business on nationally-recognized holidays. Find out more here.