Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon December 31, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: December 31, 2012
Missouri Senator differ over changing Senate rules. Falling water levels on the Mississippi could force barge traffic to stop. It’s a daily news from KCUR.
Blunt and McCaskill Take Opposite Views On Senate Rules Changes
The U.S. Senate may soon move to fundamentally change the way it does business, particularly in regards to filibusters, and Missouri’s two senators are on opposing sides of that debate. Find out more here.
Ice Upstream Could Halt Barge Traffic In January
The Mississippi River's water level is dropping again and barge industry trade groups warn that river commerce could essentially come to a halt by mid-January. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers reports ice on the northern section of the Mississippi is reducing flow more than expected. Read more here.