Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Wed December 12, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: December 12, 2012
A plea deal exposes the extent of a driver’s license scheme in St. Joseph. In a health survey, Kansas ranked at the middle but Missouri came in near the bottom of the pack. These stories & more from KCUR.
Missouri Driver's License Scheme Breaks Open With Plea
By estimate of federal investigators, more than a hundred people from around the country used an illegal custom service to get Missouri driver’s licenses when they were not eligible. Learn more here.
Kansas Ranked 24th, Missouri 42nd In Health Survey
The 2012 edition of America's Health Rankings says medical advances are helping people live longer, but preventable illnesses and unhealthy behaviors are undermining the quality of that longer lifespan. Find out more here.
Lawmaker Pushes For Tougher Seat Belt Law
A St. Louis lawmaker will try again to get seat belt fines in Missouri raised. Democratic Senator Joe Keaveny’s bill would increase the current fine of $10 to $50 and apply it to everyone in the front seat of a vehicle. Read more here.