Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Mon December 10, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: December 10, 2012
An in-depth look at industrial beef production. A gas rate hike is being called fair. Kansas no longer represented on the House Agriculture committee.
What’s The Beef With Big Beef?
What should you know about the beef on your table? The Kansas City Staranswered that question with a three-part series on the beef industry. Donna Vestal interviews the Star’s Mike McGraw about the series. Learn more here.
Kansas Ratepayers Board Calls Rate Hike Fair
The Citizens Utility Ratepayers Board, a consumer advocacy agency for utility customers, says the agreement recently reached on a Kansas Gas Service rate hike was a fair one. Read more here.
Kansas Missing From Ag Committee
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins says it may not be easy to get a Kansan back on the House Agriculture Committee. Kansas Congressman Tim Huelskamp lost his seat on two committees, including the Ag committee, last week. He says it's punishment for not voting with Republican House leaders on some issues. Learn more here.