Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon April 22, 2013
Top Of The Morning News: April 22, 2013
Kansas Brownback plans to visit universities to promote his plan to keep higher education funding steady. More and more Americans are turning to gluten-free products.
Brownback To Visit Kansas Univiersities
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback will start a tour of the state's universities this week to pitch his funding proposal to lawmakers. Brownback is pushing for mostly level funding for colleges and universities with some targeted increases, but legislators are considering cuts. Brownback says higher education has a connection to economic growth in Kansas. Read more here.
Gluten Free: Fad Or Fix?
More than 1.6 million Americans are on gluten-free diets even though they haven’t been instructed by their doctor to do so. And it’s not just gluten-free foods that consumers are hoping will fix their health woes. Click here to find out how people are using social media to learn more about living a gluten-free lifestyle.