Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu October 6, 2011
Tom Sawyer: From Page to Stage at the Kauffman Center
Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer tells the story of a young boy - a bit of a troublemaker - growing up in a town along the Mississippi River.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – The setting is inspired by Hannibal, Missouri, where Twain (a.k.a. Samuel Clemens) lived. But how do you incorporate vividly written characters into a ballet - where the story is told through movement, not words?
Friday, October 7, 2011, 5:30 or 6:45.
First Friday Open Rehearsal
Members of the Kansas City Ballet will perform scenes from Tom Sawyer: A Ballet in 3 Acts.
Bolender Center, 500 W. Pershing, KCMO.
RSVP required, e-mail: Kansas City Ballet.
Friday, October 7, 2011, 6:30 pm
Friday Night Family Fun: The Games of Tom Sawyer
KCB cast members will demonstrate classic games from the time of Tom Sawyer.
Plaza branch of the Kansas City Public Library, 4801 Main, KCMO.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast