Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed January 4, 2012
The Toll of KC Crime and Homicide
Every couple of days, another person is murdered in Kansas City.
On Thursday's Central Standard, we ask, how do we make the killings stop? Is it even possible to turn things around in 2012?
We’ll talk with city and community leaders fighting against crime and homicide, including Randall Hundley, deputy chief at the Kansas City Police Department, Alvin Brooks, founder of AdHoc group against crime, and Richard Easley, president of the board for Kansas City's Metropolitan Crime Commission.
Plus, hear from Craig Carlock, an urban businessman, shortly after one of his employees was murdered in his barbershop.