Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Tue December 20, 2011
Tips and Tricks for Planning Your Holiday Party
Throwing a holiday party this year?
...completely freaking out yet?
Five Tips for a Do-Able Holiday Party
5. Clean the parts of the house where guests will be. Shut the doors to rooms that you didn't get to. Or, have a "house party" the day before. As in, "EVERYBODY in the family is invited to the house-cleaning party. No need to RSVP, you're coming!"
4. Plan a menu that only features one (or none) dish that takes a lot of effort. Look for make-ahead dishes you know you can count on to fill in the menu.
3. Potluck is perfectly fine! We're all cutting back this year, if it weren't for potlucks, most of us would not be able to afford to entertain and buy holiday gifts, too.
2. Santa's not the only one with a list. Make one of your own and delegate those tasks as needed.
1. Tell your inner perfectionist where she can put the candy cane. Holidays are for time with friends and family who love you as you are.