Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon June 1, 2009
Tiller's Clinic Closed; AG Orders Increased Security For Abortion Clinics And Doctors
Wichita, KS; Washington, DC – Attorney General Eric Holder has ordered increased security for some abortion clinics and doctors in response to the murder of Dr. George Tiller. Tiller, a late-term abortion provider, was gunned down during services yesterday at his Wichita church.
Police have said all early indications showed the shooter acted alone. The suspect, Scott Roeder, is in jail. He was taken into custody in the Kansas City suburb of Merriam, Kansas, and brought to Wichita late yesterday.
A spokesman for the U.S. Marshals Service, Jeff Marshall, confirmed the security decision. Marshall did not describe who was being protected or what measures taken.
An officer at Tiller's clinic says the clinic will remain closed for a week.