Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu September 23, 2010
"Thinking Photography" Explores Photography Legacy At KCAI
As a nod to the Kansas City Art Institute's 125th anniversary, an exhibition at the Nelson-Atkins Museum explores the school's photographic legacy from the 1960s to the present. "Thinking Photography: Five Decades at the Kansas City Art Institute" features works by nearly 30 notable KCAI alumni, including Joe Deal, Robert ParkeHarrison, and Mark Osterman.
Kansas City, MO – KCUR's Laura Spencer spoke with two artists in the exhibition: recent graduate Robert Heishman ('08), and E.G. Schempf ('72), who entered the photography department in its early years.
"Thinking Photography: Five Decades at the Kansas City Art Institute"
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
July 24, 2010-January 2, 2011
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast