Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Thu March 1, 2012
They're Going To Kansas City...Kansas City Here They Come
How is Kansas City doing when it comes to attracting conventions and tourists to town?
With so many places to hold meetings and events, and so much competition for the tourist dollar, what does our fair city need to do to bring more visitors to the region?
Thursday in the second half of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Rick Hughes, president and CEO of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association. The organization unveiled a new branding campaign on Wednesday; today we'll talk with him about about convention bookings, why some meeting planners are going elsehwere, the prospects of a new convention hotel, and how the KCCVA is partnering with KCMO and local organizations to promote what Kansas City has to offer.
KCMO City Hall