Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Thu March 1, 2012
They're Going To Kansas City...Kansas City Here They Come
How is Kansas City doing when it comes to attracting conventions and tourists to town?
With so many places to hold meetings and events, and so much competition for the tourist dollar, what does our fair city need to do to bring more visitors to the region?
Thursday in the second half of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Rick Hughes, president and CEO of the Kansas City Convention and Visitors Association. The organization unveiled a new branding campaign on Wednesday; today we'll talk with him about about convention bookings, why some meeting planners are going elsehwere, the prospects of a new convention hotel, and how the KCCVA is partnering with KCMO and local organizations to promote what Kansas City has to offer.
KCMO City Hall