Most Active Stories
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Kansas Seeks To Address Prison Guard ‘Correctional Fatigue’
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
- When It Comes To Kansas City's State Line, It's Complicated
Tue January 14, 2014
Teaching Handwriting In The 21st Century
The Kansas Board of Education recently re-affirmed the teaching of cursive in Kansas schools. In this day and age, is this still an important skill or something that should fall by the wayside?
On today's Central Standard, Sylvia Maria-Gross discusses the how and the why behind teaching handwriting in schools.
- Kindel Turner Nash, Assistant Professor of Urban Teacher Education at UMKC