Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Mon March 10, 2008
Tango Looks for a Place in Kansas City
Mila Vigdorova and Korey Ireland met at a tango marathon in Holland. The couple now teaches tango in Kansas City.
By Alex Smith
KANSAS CITY, MO – While growing up in Moscow, Mila Vigdorova studied classical dance. It wasn't until a trip to the United States that she fell in love with tango. Meanwhile, in Kansas City, composer Korey Ireland discovered tango at a performance by the local band Tango Lorca.
Korey and Mila became accomplished dancers each on their own. These days, their calendar is filled with dance appearances all over the world, but they also teach and promote tango in Kansas City. They told KCUR's Alex Smith how a guy from Overland Park and a girl from Moscow met, via Tango.
(12 min 49 sec)
More information about Kansas City's tango community.