Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed May 6, 2009
Swine Flu Still Spreading In Kansas City
Salina, Kansas – As predicted, additional cases of swine flu are continuing to turn up in the Kansas City area. Kansas Public Radio's Bryan Thompson has more.
State health officials have confirmed two more cases in Johnson County and two in Wyandotte County; three of the four new cases involve children.
State health officer Jason Eberhart-Phillips says results will be coming in faster now that the state laboratory no longer has to ship its test results to the CDC in Atlanta for confirmation. "Our lab is set up and ready to go," says Eberhart-Phillips. "We hope we can rapidly identify cases and spot clusters wherever they turn up."
Kansas now has seven confirmed cases of swine flu and one probable case.
Listen to the story here.
Find out more about the Kansas Health Series on Kansas Public Radio here