Most Active Stories
- Historians Recommend The Best 20 Books About Kansas City
- Report: Medicaid Expansion In Missouri Would Yield Up to $100M In Annual Savings
- First-Ever National Coal Ash Regs Disappoint Missouri Environmentalists
- School Closings In The Kansas City Metro For January 7
- LISTEN: Kansas City Poet Stanley Banks On Driving While Black
Mon September 20, 2010
StoryCorps in KC: Ross and Kelly Thompson
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – At StoryCorps recording booths across the country, friends and loved ones interview each other about their lives. Each Tuesday during Morning Edition, we'll bring you a story from the MobileBooth in Kansas City.
Parenting is often about making tough choices. Kansas City resident John Ross Thompson was adopted at birth. At age 34, he met his birth mother for the first time. He and his wife, Kelly, discuss becoming new parents to a daughter named Lola, and their rocky relationship with Ross's birth mother.
StoryCorps MobileBooth was stationed at 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard, September 9, 2010 to October 2, 2010. StoryCorps in Kansas City is sponsored by Mid-Continent Public Library.