Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon October 4, 2010
StoryCorps in KC: Henry Bloch and Thomas Bloch
Kansas City, MO – At StoryCorps recording booths across the country, friends and loved ones interview each other about their lives. Each Tuesday during Morning Edition, we'll bring you a story from the MobileBooth in Kansas City.
In 1990, H & R Block co-founder, Henry Bloch was denied membership to the Kansas City Country Club for being Jewish. In protest, world class golfer, Tom Watson resigned. Henry Bloch tells his son, Thomas what happened, and how it changed the club's membership policies to this day.
StoryCorps MobileBooth was stationed at 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard, September 9, 2010 to October 2, 2010. StoryCorps in Kansas City is sponsored by Mid-Continent Public Library.