Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Thu March 29, 2012
Steve Rose: A Changing Johnson County
Is the relationship between Johnson County and Kansas City, Missouri as tense as the one between Jayhawks and Tigers? Is "Lexus Land" still an appropriate nickname for Johnson County?
It’s a conversation on Johnson County’s politics, regional relationships and growing poverty levels with the Kansas City Star’s Steve Rose.
Thursday on Up to Date, Rose discusses these and other topics: Johnson County has leaned right for years, but it’s getting more conservative. Why can’t moderates win here? We’ll also look at politics on the state level and see what’s affecting these suburbs and discuss Governor Sam Brownback's performance so far, the latest in proposed school financing changes and redistricting.