Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Fri February 15, 2013
Stephene Moore Tapped As New Regional HHS Director
Stephene Moore is the new regional director for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. She’s a long time nurse in the area and wife of retired U.S. Congressman Dennis Moore. She lost a bid to take her husband’s seat in 2010.
Moore will oversee HHS outreach activity in the four-state region, including the roll-out of the Affordable Care Act.
“I just enjoy meeting new people and making the world less difficult for all of us, so I just look forward the new opportunities that are coming,” says Moore.
She replaces Jay Angoff, a former Missouri insurance director widely known for his oversight work of the insurance industry.
Follow KCUR health news on Twitter.
Up to Date