Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri February 15, 2013
Stephene Moore Tapped As New Regional HHS Director
Stephene Moore is the new regional director for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. She’s a long time nurse in the area and wife of retired U.S. Congressman Dennis Moore. She lost a bid to take her husband’s seat in 2010.
Moore will oversee HHS outreach activity in the four-state region, including the roll-out of the Affordable Care Act.
“I just enjoy meeting new people and making the world less difficult for all of us, so I just look forward the new opportunities that are coming,” says Moore.
She replaces Jay Angoff, a former Missouri insurance director widely known for his oversight work of the insurance industry.
Follow KCUR health news on Twitter.
Up to Date