Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Wed January 11, 2012
The State Of The State 2012
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback has unveiled some of his priorities for this session, like a plan to revamp the school funding formula.
But he has released fewer details of his budget proposal and a plan to overhaul the tax code; he will release specifics on the tax plan during tonight's address. He has said it will be aimed at economic growth and describes the approach as flatter, simpler and fairer. Brownback has also said his plan won't reduce overall state tax collections, at least right away. Many political watchers expect it will include a reduction in the state income tax.
KCUR will air live coverage from Kansas Public Radio starting at 6:30pm.