Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Business & Tech
Thu October 10, 2013
St. Paul's Plans Sale To Social Service Organization
Sources affiliated with Saint Paul School of Theology say the school has negotiated a contract to sell its Truman Road campus to a prominent local social service agency. The seminary is negotiating with the Guadalupe Center’s Inc. to move into their old building.
The future of the Truman Road campus had become controversial after the leader of a Washington D.C. coalition of social service agencies known as KC CASE filed for zoning changes in order to move into the seminary.
Neighborhood activist Sherry Ashcroft worried the zoning changes and some of the at-risk populations who would move in could negatively affect the neighborhood. She says Guadalupe Center is a better fit, since over half the local community is Hispanic.
“I’m hoping bringing Guadalupe Center might help them organize a little bit, be more politically active, and bring their voice to our neighborhood,” says Ashcroft.
Steve Wagner, the leader of KC CASE, did not respond to inquiries for comment.
The St. Paul School moved to Leawood, Kan. earlier this year.