Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon April 1, 2013
Spring Turkey Season Starts In Kansas
April 1st marks the start of spring turkey season in Kansas for archers, youth and disabled hunters.
In the early 1960s, wild turkeys were reintroduced to the state, and almost every county now has a huntable population.
Mike Miller with the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism, says turkeys are anything but easy prey.
“When everything works out right it can be a really easy exciting hunt, for any hunter, especially a young hunter, just because of what you see and what you hear, and the whole build up as you get into shotgun range,” says Miller.
The regular turkey season begins on April 10th and runs through May 31st.
In Missouri, the youth turkey season starts on April 6th, and the regular spring season on April 15th.
Up To Date