Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed January 30, 2013
Sporting KC’s Kamara Makes Premier Move
Sporting Kansas City forward Kei Kamara will be making a move across the pond at least temporarily.
Sporting KC announced Wednesday morning that forward Kei Kamara would go on loan to Norwich City.
The loan would last through May 6th and Norwich City would have the option to make it a permanent transfer at that time. If Norwich City doesn’t take that option, Kamara would return to Kansas City for the rest of the Major League Soccer season.
“We have a very strong roster and this enables another player to step up,” said Vermes.
Kamara was a fan favorite in his time at Sporting KC and said he is thankful for the opportunity.
“It is a very bittersweet day as I am excited to achieve one of my goals, whis was to play in the EPL,” said Kamara.
In seven MLS seasons, Kamara scored 45 goals and performed 21 assists. He led Sporting KC in goals in each of his three seasons with the team.
Kamara has also been tapped by the Sierre Leone national team, appearing 14 times and scoring two goals.