Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Sun August 17, 2008
Sonia Nazario Discusses Enrique's Journey
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – Los Angeles Times reporter Sonia Nazario won a Pulitzer Prize in 2003 for her series about a boy who migrated from Central America to the United States. Like many other children, as Nazario uncovered, he traveled through Mexico riding on top of freight trains. Nazario based her series on one Honduran teenager's experience, and she spent years researching his life and journey.
The reporter Sonia Nazario was born in Lawrence, Kansas, and grew up in Argentina and Overland Park. She was in town last week to speak at UMKC, and she stopped by our studios to tell KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross about reporting the series, which she's now published as a book called Enrique's Journey.