Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri April 18, 2008
Silent Film Series Incorporates Eclectic Score
The term "silent film" is in some ways a misnomer since musical accompaniment was always a part of the viewing experience. The Sounds of Silents film series at the Kansas City Public Library pairs short films and a full-length feature with unique scoring by a local composer.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Local composer Jeffrey Ruckma (or Jeffrey Ruckman) leads the Spoonbender Consort as the Sounds of Silents film series continues at the Kansas City Public Library:
Grass: A Nation's Battle for Life, Saturday, April 19, at 3:30 p.m., Central Library
African Paradise and Selected Shorts, Saturday, May 17, at 3:30 p.m., Central Library
Diary of a Lost Girl, Saturday, June 21, at 3:30 p.m., Plaza Branch
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast