Most Active Stories
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Where Are The Best Places To Dine Outside In The KC Area?
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
- Overland Park Mosque Plans Big Expansion
- Missouri House Votes To Repeal Mandatory Motorcycle Helmet Law
Wed February 4, 2009
Short Meeting A Slap At Cauthen
Kansas City, MO – The Kansas City city council may have had the shortest committee meeting ever this week.
At last week's Finance and Audit meeting council members blasted City Manager Wayne Cauthen's two-weeks-in-a row avoidance of coming in to discuss the budget. Beth Gottstein even sent a messsage, telling a Cauthen aide: "I made a point to be on time this morning and I hope that he will make an equal effort to be on time next week."
This week's meeting convened on time at 8:15 and Cauthen was still outside in the hall. When he didn't come in in 55 seconds, Chair Deb Herman postponed discussion of the sole agenda item, the city budget shortfall, till next week and declared the meeting adjourned.