Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon January 12, 2009
Shoppers React To New Downtown Grocery Store
Kansas City, MO – This week, a lot of Kansas Citians who work or live downtown eagerly checked out the new long-awaited Cosentino's Downtown Market in the Power & Light District. Cosentino's is Kansas City's newest and only downtown grocery store. In addition to groceries it is trying to tap into the prepared food market, with things like hand-rolled sushi and homemade gelato. It also has two floors of dining areas, including a mezzanine level with couches and flat-screen TVs. But will it meet the needs of people from the West Side to Independence Avenue, who are just looking for a basic supermarket? KC Currents' Annie Walsh stopped by and asked people what they thought of the new downtown market and discovered that it's much more than just a store for some.