Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Up to Date
Mon July 22, 2013
In The Shoes Of Red Cross Volunteers
We’ve all seen it on TV— a hurricane strikes, leaving thousands without power, food, or clean water for days or even weeks. When disasters happen, the Red Cross is the organization that always seems to be there.
In the first part of Tuesday's Up to Date, we talk with Red Cross liaison JoAnn Woody and local volunteers Jen Farmer and Jim Petesch, who deployed to New York and New Jersey to help the victims of Superstorm Sandy last fall.